I take an intersectional approach to training on gender and sexuality, Here are some of the online resources I draw from:
Resources for therapists
- BACP Gender, Sexual and Relationship Diversity resource
- Pink Therapy – Davies, D & Neal, C (1996) Pink Therapy: A Guide for Counsellors and Therapists Working with Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Clients . OU Press
Resources for educators
- Stonewall Education Resources
- Creating an LGBT Inclusive curriculum
- LGBTQ Inclusivity in the Higher Education Curriculum
- What is intersex?
- This is what it’s like growing up intersex
- Intersex, Variations of Sex Characteristics, and DSD: The need for change – NEW REPORT
- What is the agenda of the intersex patient advocacy movement?
LGB+ and race
- Colonisation and homophobia
- Brown, trans, queer, Muslim and proud
- Two Spirit People
- What is pinkwashing?
LGB asylum seekers
- 2017 – UK rejects 100s of gay asylum seekers
- 2016 – government refuse to say how many asylum seekers are rejected
- 2017 – UK trans woman granted asylum by new zealand
- Minority Stress Model – Prejudice, Social Stress, and Mental Health in Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Populations: Conceptual Issues and Research Evidence, Ilan H. Meyer
- Cambridge study
- Healing through BDSM
- Dr Meg-John Barker’s excellent blog
- The black dominatrix who gets men to read black feminist theory
Here are some LGB+ people worth learning more about – and some surprising things still to learn about people we think we may already know.