Info for schools
The following are some excellent resources for schools:
- Gendered Intelligence
- And my own information sheet is pretty handy
- Developing a trans friendly curriculum and more on this here
- How schools can become more trans inclusive – Year 12 student tells us how it is
- Trans Educators Toolkit
Information for parents/others
- How To Be A Girl: A Mother And Her Transgender Daughter Explore Gender
- All That I Did Not Know: Supporting My Transgender Kid
- Transgender Kids Show Consistent Gender Identity Across Measures
- Transgender teens become happy, healthy young adults
- Research Paper: Young Adult Psychological Outcome After Puberty Suppression and Gender Reassignment
- Detransition, Desistance, and Disinformation: A Guide for Understanding Transgender Children Debates
- Response to Dr. Jack Drescher and the New York Times About Childhood Transition: Part 1: [A helpful response to those who question whether children can know they are transgender]
- Transgender children: what’s behind the spike in numbers?
- A Guide to young trans people in the UK [some of the language in this booklet is outdated, and there are things in here that could be triggering, but it has some useful information]
- It’s okay to let your transgender kid transition — even if they might change their mind in the future
- Endocrine Society Urges Policy Makers to Follow Science on Transgender Health
- Understanding non-binary
- A mantra for the misgendered: Storyteller Ivan Coyote offers some ‘armour’ for trans kids
- The Gender Quest Workbook
- Healthtalk.org – “an online charity where you can find information on a range of illnesses and other health-related issues from seeing and hearing people’s real life experiences.”
Experiences of trans and gender diverse young people
Experiences of parents and carers of young trans and gender diverse people
Based in the USA
Transparent Indy – Facebook Page – TransParent is a volunteer-led national not-for-profit based out of St. Louis USA providing connection, support, and resources to parents of trans and gender-expansive children.
Stand with Trans – US Website – The mission of Stand with Trans is to provide the tools needed by transgender youth so they will be empowered, supported and validated as they transition to their authentic life.
Indy PFLAG – US Website – PFLAG is a nonprofit organization that aims to provide Support, Education and Advocacy to families, friends, allies, and LGBT people.
IYG – US Website – Indiana Youth – IYG revolves around building community, developing leadership qualities, and increasing self-esteem and self-efficacy to lessen the impact of stressors most commonly faced by LGBTQ+ youth.